Adultry after separation?what is penalty?

Don’t sign anything unless you are sure about it.

Dear Melin_falcon:

Greetings. It is illegal for you to have sexual relations with anyone other than your spouse while you are married - this is adultery and is against the law in NC. Fornication, having sex with someone when you are single is also against the law. Sex in marriage, with your spouse, is the only legal form of sex in North Carolina.

I already answered the adultery proof about two (2) posts ago. You can file a Domestic Violence Restraining Order against him if he is harassing you to the level that it is inflicting emotional distress.

He can sue anyone for anything, but he must have a legal basis for the lawsuit or he may suffer sanctions. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My husband wont sign separation papers that allow “relations” of a sexual nature after the legal separation. He says it is illegal.
Fine - dont intend to do it. However - he has had me followed, photographed, used his job at an internet service provider to hack into YAHOO! to read my emails. I just dont want to spend the next 6 months of the marriage proving myself innocent.
What do you have to produce as proof of adultry after separation? Can i get him to leave me alone? What is the exact penalty in NC? Can he sue someone he suspects is “with” me without tangible proof?
Help. We were so close - agreed on everything else- even the children. If I can have an agreement without that line in there and not have to spend the remaining time in the marriage being followed and spied on - I will sign the damn thing!
Thank you.</font id=“Arial”>