Dear oldtrucker:

Greetings. No, one night is not enough to prove cohabitation. You may be able to file for a motion to modify alimony if you agreed to alimony in court. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

With no children born in the marriage and she living in another state how do you prove COHABITATUION? Is one night spent with another man grounds to stop Alimony in her home or apartment? What do you do if it does happen and how do you stop Alimony payments as she is 19 years younger, working now and I am retiredP HELP