Attorney

John,
Can you give me some more information? What issues would you like to address that were not touched on? Do you have a separation agreement or any court orders in place?

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit radio.rosen.com for details

Erin Clarey
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Sutton Station
5826 Fayetteville Rd. Suite 205
Durham, NC 27713
Phone: (919) 321-0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

It’s pretty standard not to feel comfortable with an attorney, but if your gut is screaming, then it’s time to move on! Don’t wait until it’s too late to get screwed. Remember. The attorney is supposed to work for YOU. However, many just drag it out and hem and haw in order to make major bucks off of you. They speak in circles and really never answer anything. Remember. Talk is cheap…unless you are talking to an attorney. Some are good, but it’s hard to find 'em, especially a divorce attorney. Remember. They make $ off of other people’s misery. Takes a “special” kind, right?

John:

I have had 2 GREAT attorneys work for me. If you are uncomfortable, then you can ask to have your attorney withdraw.

I think my attorney’s were great was because they were small practices…one or 2 partners. I didn’t get ‘lost in the shuffle’ or get moved to a lawyers aide and such. I believe the huge lawfirms CAN have the tendency to not show a lot of personal one-on-one interest. But this is not the case for all. Getting references helps too.

Not all attorneys are out to ‘get your money’ or hem and haw around. They’re doing a job. If you don’t like their work, you always have the freedom to release them and find another lawyer. BUT you do have to formally release them.

Good afternoon. I have not felt comfortable with my present legal representation for almost 9 months. I feel as if I am a very low priority for my attorney. If I switch to another attorney this late in the game, would we continue from where my case is now; or could I re-address issues that my current attorney didn’t previously?

Thank you,

John H.