Here is the situation:
- I have never filed for child support
- my ex was not working for the last 5 years of our marriage, except for some odd jobs here and there
- he wasn’t working for the 1st 9 months of our separation, then had a job for a year, then was out of work for 8 months, then had a job for 10 months.
- during this last job, he paid about half of what the calculator said
- he is now once again out of work
If he can’t seem to hold down a job, how do I calculate what child support should be? I’ve read that they will impute an income to him if they find that he is avoiding work in order to avoid paying support but I don’t think that is the case. He could find a job to earn at least some income (restaurant, mall, etc) until something opens up in his field but thinks that line of work is beneath him. It is not fair to me to foot the bill 100% when he keeps getting fired. Would they impute some sort of income or require him to pay at least something?