Can I file in NC w/ex in Vegas?

Yes, you can file an action for absolute divorce here in North Carolina. Good luck.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I have a question concerning jurisdiction. I have lived in NC almost 6 months, plan to live here indefinitely, and want to get a divorce from my wife who resides in Nevada. She left my 2 children and myself 3 years ago to live in NV with another man, having little contact with us since. (we lived in TX at the time, and I subsequently moved to NC) Am I able to file for the divorce in NC (once I have 6 months residency of course) even though she has never resided here? She is agreeable to the divorce, and not challenging custody of the children, which she voluntarily left with me. I have been financially devasted by these events and unable to even afford a divorce all this time, so I would like to get this over with as soon as possible so that my children and I may move forward. Thank you.