Car out for repo

Dear Vendico:

Greetings. Since you are not married any longer, this is a civil litigation matter. You may want to file a lawsuit against her or a small claims action. That is the best I can help you. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

ex and I signed on a car. No sep agreement, but we are divorced. She drives the car and I don’t know where she lives. She isn’t paying the car payment and I’m not going to since I don’t drive it. I’ve discussed it with the bank and the understand what’s going on and are trying to repo the car from her.

Is there anything I can do legally to make her give the car up? Nobody can find her or the car.