Change of Circumstand

My husband gave the house to his EX in the property settlement and agreed to pay the house payments until paid off. He will sign quick deed when paid off. She was not working at time of divorce. She is now. He is now unemployed. He is unable to make the house payments. He thinks he will be found in contempt of court if he doesn’t pay them and will go to jail. He also says that if he doesn’t make them and they foreclose then he will be reponsible for paying her the value of the house. Can he request the settlement be changed to require her to make 1/2 the payment? Can it be changed to require the sale of the house?

Property settlements are not modifiable. If his payments are structured as alimony he may be able to modify that part of the settlement.