Change of Venue


My ex now lives in Wisconsin and petitioned to have the Child Custody venue moved to Wisconsin but not the Child Support. I fought it in court and lost (February 2009). My wife and I had a child in July and petitioned to have the child support modified for our latest addition as well as major errors in the initial order. However, we found out from the Clerk of Court that our Child Support is no longer enforced in North Carolina nor is it “governed” by the state of North Carolina. Apparently, the judge took it upon himself to modify the initial petition to modify venue not only for Child Custody but changed the venue for Child Support to Wisconsin. Can he legally do that without my permission or that of the ex since no one peitioned for it?


According to the Uniform Family Support Act jurisdiction for child support is proper where the obligor lives, NC.