Changes to Seperation Agreement

Dear ccnpdad:

Greetings. I am sorry, but no, unless she agrees to amend the agreement you will not be able to change this. You may be able to change the amount of child support in court based on the other expenses not included in the support. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I have been divorced for a little over a year. I currently pay child support and the health insurance plus half of uninsured medial bills for our son. My ex also had put in the seperation agreement for me to pay half of our son’s school clothes and half of any extracurricular activities ie…baseball etc. I apparantly missed those couple of statements in the agreement.During the seperation I did not obtain an attorney because she told me I wouldn’t have to. My question is: Is it possible to have the agreement changed to have the extra 2 items removed. I feel like the child support should cover those extra items.