Child Care Notification

I don’t believe that the “right of first refusal” is automatically part of custody/visitation and has to be agreed upon and written into the custody agreement.

do you think we should tell each other who is taking care of our child…

quote:
[i]Originally posted by mal[/i] [br]I don't believe that the "right of first refusal" is automatically part of custody/visitation and has to be agreed upon and written into the custody agreement.

Technically if it is your visitation/custody time you have custody over that child and don’t have to inform the other parent what is going on. In my husband’s case he had written in to their agreement that he had the “right of first refusal” to care for the children if mother had other obligations during her custody period.
So I would say no, if you don’t have it written in to your agreement then you don’t have to notify the other person if you don’t want to. If one parent has major issues with the other parent’s visitation time and observes or finds out that the child is frequently being left alone or with others and this cannot be resolved between the parents then they should probably pursue modifying custody.

Do both parents have to disclose to each other at all times who is taking care of the child if that parent is not available due to work or whatever and it is that parent’s visitation time? Does the other parent have the right to have first right of refusal meaning that if the parent that the child is with is not available then the other parent would get first dibs to take the child until the unavailable parent becomes available?