Child Custody

My ex constantly threatens me with taking the kids and running off. Since there are pending matters with the court regarding custody but we have not gone to court yet can she keep the children from me or take them out of state. Would she get in trouble if she did, or are we still at the point where she has just as much custody as I do.

If your wife is not allowing you to see the children, or is threatening to run off with them you should go ahead and set a temporary custody hearing in order to ensure there is an order in place.
If she does run off you may file a motion for emergency custody and have the children returned.