Child support calculator

Yes. If there are children from a second marriage then the stepparent’s income can be included. I thought that this particular question meant that parent had a previous child support payment responsibility but maybe I never read that correctly…

Yes, his salary will make an impact on the child support number.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

this confuses me…

so, if i pay cs for two kids, and i marry a woman who also has two of her own kids, will her income cause my obligation to my ex-wife for cs to go up???

I believe that this is children from a second marriage not children from a previous marriage; stepchildren. In other words, if you have children that you are paying child support for, you remarry, you and your new spouse have a child together, then your spouses salary can be included in the calculator…

Only your biological or adopted children are included in the guideline calculations. Stepchildren are not included.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Hey,

I am using your child support calculator and on the last page it asks if the other parent is with the parent of the additional children that she is responsible for. A yes answer makes a big difference and this amount is different when you figure it on the DHHS web calculator.

My situation is that my ex-wife and I had two children and in her new marriage she has two more children. She is still with the father of these two children. Is this the reason for the last question on your web calculator and would his overall salary make a difference?