Child Support Calculator


If the two children are your biological children, your child support will be calculated for both. When using our child support calculator at, indicate the number of children and fill in monthly gross income for you and your spouse, work related-childcare expenses (if any), and health insurance premiums paid for the children. That should give you an idea of what you can expect to pay in child support.

Regarding your question about third-party contributions (spouse’s aunt and uncle), a judge will not consider such contributions unless you request a deviation from the guidelines.

David L. McGuire
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I make approx. $2,880 per month my spouse makes approx. $1,920 per month. We have two cjildren but one is mostly supported by my spouse’s aunt and uncle. They even claimed her as a dependent last year. Do I have to pay support for both children? If so, how much. If I only have to support one child, how much will I have to pay?[/red]