Child Support question

One of my children is having major issues and it looks like they may be headed to a group home sometime in the near future. They live with their mom full time and I pay child support for them. My question is- if they do end up going (meetings with behavioral specialists have been scheduled by the counsellor and Psychiatrist) then how will that affect my child support? I don’t mind paying, as it’s my duty as a father, but I think it should follow my child and not go to the mother if the child isn’t there. Would it be redirected to the state, be reduced, not change at all, etc?

You will need to file a motion to modify support in the event your child goes to the group home. The court may direct that support be paid in the form of sending the money directly to the home.