Child Support Question


I have a court order for child support. One half of the order is being withheld from my ex’s payroll. He is supposed to send the remaining balance in each month. He has not done so for the past 5 months and is now in the arrears. He lives in the state of VA and Dept of Social Service has been unsuccessful in getting him served with the papers to go to court to show cause for non payment. What other legal recourse do I have to pursue getting the rest of the support that has been ordered.


Your ex must be served prior to a hearing on the matter. If he cannot be served via traditional methods the next step is for the department of social services to serve him via publication. (newspaper).