Child Support & Taxes


My husban moved out 2 months ago. He has been paying for 1/2 the childcare and we have been splitting the cost of clothes for our 2 children. Can I request child support in addition to this?

When we file taxes this year do we have to file married-seperate or can we file jointly this year and seperate next year?


You may request child support. I suggest you contact child support enforcement to get moving on this.

You may file married filing separately or married filing jointly for so long as you remain married, no matter how long you have been separated.