Child support


In our divorce decree it states that my ex husband has to update his income once he is employed again. I found out he started to work about 1.5 years ago. If I go to court to have child support modified, will he also owe me back pay for the time he did not have it readjusted?
Thank you in advance for you time!


Yes. If your current child support terms are included in a court order, then in addition to your motion to modify, you can file a contempt motion (motion and order to show cause) asking for the retroactive child support that he did not pay while he was employed. This is assuming that your court order requires him to notify you first of him employment (or a similar obligation) and he failed to do so.