CS modification

A change of mind is not enough. A change in circumstances is required for a change in child support. A change in property distribution is not permitted even when a change in circumstances takes place.

Good luck.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Thank you for your response. You are kind to consider the vast number of people with questions regarding divorce law. I appreciate your time, this site and the information that you have offered in the discussion forum and throughout your site.

Thank you, again.

If a consent order is in place for both division of property and CS issues, how likely is it that one parent is able to change the order in court when there is no change in circumstances? Can the person in question be granted change in modification simply because they don’t want to pay or think it is unfair? According to your site the modification is considered if change of 15% to income. What if there is no change in income only change in the mind of the one required to pay.