I already answered this. Be careful not to post the same thing more than one time, as that delays everyone else’s answer. Thanks

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Here’s my situation, I have been separated a year and a month. Last month I had a protective order and a temp. custody order expire. We are currently discussing a divorce and custody of the children pending his release from prison on June 22nd. Since there’s nothing on file concerning custody and he picks up the kids and refuses to bring them back what can I do legally considering that I have had temp. custody for the past year and he has spent time in prison on posession. Keep in mind that I have no money for a lawyer at this time. Can I do anything on my own?