Divorce from bed and board

If you reconciled for a period of a year then the facts in the previous action are no longer relevant. The attorney should have done a new action. You should file an Answer and deny any allegations that are not true.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

last year my wife had an attorny to draw up papers fora divorce from bed and board. It stated facts that I have constructively abandoned her… spends nights out…gave her a veneral disease…all which was fabricated not true…I spoke with my wife and asked her to stop this action and demand that we get christian marriage counseling…she did.
Since that time we have been very much intimate and growing in our relationship. At times I asked her about her lawyer and the divorce from bed and board matter…she would tell me that her lawyer stopped the actions of which I asked for clarity and was concerned because I thought she should do something or have something more concrete stating this matter is dismissed. Last week we found out that we both had a STD and both of us are admitting that neither are at fault of cheating! This week she told me she filed for divorce and I said how and why ? Then the sheriff came to my house and she said he was asking for me while I was gone… Come to find out she had her 17 year old Son sign and take the papers… I asked why ? she said that the officer said that as long as person is over 15 he can take them for me.! The papers which she showed me were the same ones that were drawn up last year that was on hold! I told her since then we had reconciled and worked thru any of our problems and were doing fine. How could here lawyer produce to be served the same papers which I never was served a year ago? I’m I considered served?

marcel thomas