Divorce from Texas


Dear valekkah00 (what does this name mean?):

Greetings. Your uncle can file here in North Carolina for the divorce. If he wants us to help him, please have him give us a call. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My uncle wants to divorce his wife whom he has been separated from for about 5 years. He now resides in Texas where he has a new partner an a child (another on the way). His wife resides in NC so when he went to a lawyer in TX to try to open a claim for his divorce the lawyer told him that it was imposible becasue of the difference of laws between the two states.
It seems ridiculos to be impossible to divorce somebody that you were separated from years ago,
please advise,