Divorce in court

You make sure you are in court on the date mentioned…if you do not appear, you are at risk of him getting whatever he is seeking, without your input. DO NOT MISS THAT COURT DATE! If you do not have an attorney at that time, it can be continued until you retain one. You need to seek legal advise, quickly…DO NOT SLACK ON THIS.

you do not have to be there. My ex chose not to show up. I was divorced in a matter of minutes. Kinda anticlimatic… but I advise you to at least show up and read the paperwork. By not showing up you agree to your stbx’s terms. You can’t go back and have a do-over if a few years down the line you realize you got stuck with a bill when it shows up on your credit report.

lorie565…again…make sure you go to court on the scheduled date. You don’t want any surprises…be there so the judge can here YOUR side of the story…I’m here to tell you…DON’T MISS IT.

Is this court date for the your absolute divorce only? Have your other issues all been resolved?

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

yes all issues have been finalized and settled as stated in separation agreement. This is where x has filed the compalint for divorce and summary of judgement all this was filed in july last year and this is divorce court from the 2 matters that was filed already in clerks court.

thank you Helen for any additional info you can give me…

Helena: Thanks for your reply, This is the absolute divorce I guess, I received papers last yr that the Complaint Divorce and Summary of Judgement were filed in July of last yr we had alreayd settled on everything that he had drawn up in separation agrmnt. So I guess this is just the REAL THING… anyway I dont have a lawyer and Im not being ugly but I dont want to be in the same room w/this man. So thats why Im seeking advice if someone could tell me… I contacted his atty and was gonna ask him but he hasnt returned my call… Thank you for any info you can give…
HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Helena Nevicosi[/i] [br]Is this court date for the your absolute divorce only? Have your other issues all been resolved?

Helena M. Nevicosi

919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262

Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

If the only issue being dealt with is the divorce and you do not disagree with any of the allegations in your spouses complaint for divorce, you do not need to go to court. However, you need to ensure that they are not trying to deal with any other issue, and that they are not attempting to incorporate your Separation Agreement unless you have agreed to do so. It might be worth it to have an attorney review the complaint so that you may alleviate your concerns.

Helena M. Nevicosi

919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262

Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

Dear Sir or Madam:
I have received papers from my X on divorce from clerk of court it says that on April 21 when court starts at 9:30 am we will have to appear in court on for our divorce… it shows our case on court docket… beens my X filed for divorce and everything with us is finalized, will I have to appear… Is this something you can answer for me. I appreciate all your info.

Note my X is the Plaintiff and he was the one who hired the lawyer.