My husband was arrested and sentenced to 15 years in federal prison for abuse to our daughter. This happened in 2008 and I really just want to be completely free from this man that had me fooled for 20 years. The question I have is can I file the paperwork myself at the North Carolina clerk of court? And, does it matter that he resides in Florida?

You can file in North Carolina so long as you have lived here for six months. You may find our DIY Divorce eBook helpful in filing for divorce.