Divorse with POA


My son is in Iraq and wants me to find out if I can file his divorce for him with my POA. He will send a specific POA for his divorce if needed. His 1 year seperation was up Jan,20,2009 for North Carolina
Id I can’t do it for him with my POA what do I need to do to get it started for him


Your son will need to sign a verification page which is attached the divorce complaint. This is a page which is attached to the complaint which “verifies” the complaint, making it a sworn affidavit. You cannot accomplish this with a POA, but you can have the documents drawn up and shipped to him to sign and send back.


Can we have everything drawn up and fax the verification page to him,have him sign it and fax it back ?


Yes, that will work.