Emergency Injunction?

After a highly contentious custidy case NC Court finally signed a PCO on April 6, but it granted me a hearing to present New Post Trial Evidence on June 28, which will demonstrate Father’s malicious intent and false reporting. Totally dishonest and exploitative behavior. I am asking for an Order Modification as relief…

Father tried getting an Emergency Protective Order against me in his county (Chicago) on June 6 also asking to suspend visitation scheduled to start June 10. The Court did not grant him this request and my daughter is with me.

Father’s attorney just sent the following message to the Court Clerk today:
Ms. Washington,

Today, on Mr. Katich’s (Plaintiff’s) behalf, I filed a Motion to Dismiss Defendant’s motion (essentially setting forth a 12b6 defense/argument to Defendant’s motion) and a Motion for the Court to Decline and to Transfer Custody Jurisdiction, together with a Notice of Hearing scheduling Plaintiff’s motions for the same date, time and place as the hearing of Ms. Richelson’s Motion. Please check with Judge Mann and advise if she does want to Plaintiff’s motion(s) heard on June 28th.

I have been advised by a friend who has had a similar experience to file some sort of emergency motion that would allow me to not have to return my daughter on July 1, as is currently ordered by the court. What is the verbiage for this? Just the “title” of the Motion?

The only emergency custody motion is a motion for an ex parte custody order, which allows a court to issue an emergency custody order when there is a substantial risk of physical injury or sexual abuse to the child, or a substantial risk that the child may be abducted or removed from the State of NC for the purpose of evading NC jurisdiction.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.