Emotions and Divorce

Dear alljams:

Greetings. Emotions do not play much in court, unless you have some creative “lawyering” and telling of your side of the story. Accusations must have proof.

Now, emotions play a large role in settling cases though, as everyone has emotional triggers which their ex likes to “trip over”, step on, and plow through. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I have been posting, reading, and gaining so much info from this site for quite some time now. It is my understanding NC is a “no fault” state, with marital miconduct being one of the basis for alimony. With that being said, how much if any, do emotions play in matters such as alimony, equitable distribution? Do emotions, accusations, but no proof play in a court’s decision of these matters ? Sticky subject I know, because emotions are always in play in divorce. Just trying to gain logical documentation for the court.

Thanks