Ex moving and doesn't want to pay child support

I have been divorced nearly 4 years and have one child from that marriage. My ex recently announced that he is moving to Raleigh. We both currently live in Charlotte and share 50/50 custody of our son. I have a Child Support and Custody Agreement in place that was court ordered. That agreement states that neither party will pay child support to the other party since we are sharing 50/50 custody and at the time of the agreement, we were making roughly the same income. Now my ex husband sent me a proposal to modify the agreement. He is proposing that I have primary custody (which I want) and completely waive rights to child support. In exchange, he said that he would not fight for full custody. Also, he proposed seeing our son every other weekend and requested that I meet him half way for the exchange. I think that I will need the child support to help pay for additional child care, food and other expenses. Also, I don’t think that I should have to meet him half way, given he decided to move. Where and how should I start in pursuing child support from him?

If there is a court order for child support in place, you can file a motion to modify child support. You should move to modify custody as well because his move to Raleigh would be a substantial change in circumstances warranting a modification.