Fighting all the way

Dear shell64:

Greetings. 9 MONTHS! If our clients are not close to settling within the first 60 days of representation, we discuss filing a lawsuit to get them done. You need to file an action today. Ten years of documents are excessive.

You also need a restraining order on him, so that you can ensure there are funds and property left to distribute to you. You can recover what he spent, wasted, stole, etc., but you need to act now. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Hello…I was interested to know what kind of suits you would file in response to someone not wanting to sign an agreement after a long period of time.

Dear harleydad:

Greetings. Depending on the issues resulting from the marriage, I would file the claims of equitable distribution, alimony, post separation support, child custody, child support, attorney fees, and a motion for preliminary injunction. I hope that helps.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My husband is refusing to sign any agreement. We have been going around and around for the last nine months. He refuses to sign the separation agreement. He and his lawyer has taken advantage of all the extensions allowed. He is now making all of these absurd allegations against me. He’s the one that walked out, he admitted to having an affair, he’s living with the ***** now, and has been since two weeks after he moved out. He has requested financial records back ten years! All of this(the financial records) only further prove that he is the one with a problem. He has supposedly paid over 10,000 in taxes for year 2003. He has bought a new boat, computer, digital camera, surround stereo etc… I can’t help but feel he has cashed in more (joint) assets acquired during the marriage that were supposed to be split in the equitable distribution. How can things be allowed to be drug out for so long to allow him to do all of this? By the time things are resolved, there will be nothing left.
My question is, If proceedings started before he started cashing in everything and cancelling policies(life policy) is there any way to recoup some of these losses? He knew all the issues and he has let everything go, anyway! He is now asking for his half of the equity in the marital residence. Which is not much, considering we just remodeled the house and have an outstanding mtg. which I have been paying.We were together for twenty-two years.We have a fifteen year old son. We have lived at this same residence for the last sixteen years.