Filing Attachments with the Absolute Divorce


My husband does not honor agreements very well. Should I file the Parenting Agreement, Child Support Enforcement Consent Order, and Marital Settlement Agreement with the Absolute Divorce as an attachment? Why or why not? We ran out of money after the custody battle and it has taken us the entire statutory separation period plus four months to get to this point of developing and soon filing the marital settlement agreement. He honored few agreements during the marriage and I want a safety net for going to court should he breach.

Thank you in advance,


No. You don’t have to file those documents with an absolute divorce. You should make sure all equitable distribution and alimony issues are settled before a divorce decree is granted or you will lose the right to file those claims.