Free trader agreement and separation

Dear willi419:

Greetings. You do not have to leave because of the free trader agreement. The house is his separate property, but it may have some marital equity formed after the date of separation.

If I were you, I would immediately retain an attorney to assist you in negotiating with your spouse. If you document his threats, you will have a better time in court, if you do end up having to stand before a judge. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

my husband and I separated in 2003 during this time I had him sign a quit claim deed to take his name off the home we lived in and he had me sign a free trader agreement and built a new home. We reunited in 11/03, now he wants me to leave. The home I own is leased until feb. 31, 05 and he is stating I must leave within 30 days because of the free trader agreement and stating I have cursed at him and he feels threatened and has recently phoned the police to have me removed. Now he states he will file a 50B(?) against me and I will have 30 days to vacate. Is any of this accurate? What should I do at this point?