Frozen accounts


Is there a way to have assets frozen prior to seperation papers? spouse is threatening to w/draw large sums of money and hasn’t moved out yet.


Yes, file for a restraining order.


Depending on the institution you may be able to get them to freeze without a court order. I know people have called into brokerages to ask questions about splitting accounts because they may be separating and they have had there accounts frozen without asking or consenting to it just from asking about the process.