Further Frustration at Clerk of Court

My goal to see what was in my DBB case file folder, and compare to a couple of other DBB cases in age with complaints similar to mine.
Tho told I can 'look" at other case files, as well as my own, having case#s, the restraints in place make viewing a page clearly impossible. Had to ask clerk repeatedly what is this? to and from, etc etc.Is there this? or that in it?
No fault of the Clerk. She’s adhering to rules.
Learned when looking up the online docket for days/dates with certain Judge presiding who has been assigned to my case for instance. Will show order of cases, Ex, Nov 7th, my case is #fortyfive…however there is a roll call date set several days before Nov.7th where all representing counsel meet with Judge. Take it each case is discussed briefly at the roll call and recorded.
I couldn’t get CD copy for I didn’t have the date of that roll call done before the nov. 7th hearing. Only found out my case was continued by Judge because of mediation set for Nov. fifteen.
The roll call dates, prior to hearing has me wondering if that’s when a judge checks up on a case discussing with lawyers.
Is this what is meant by pre trial conferences mentioned in the Rules for Domestic Cases in this County, you think?
Feels like a Secret Society LOL. How on earth does one figure out the inner workings concerning a Court Case?
Makes me feel like a dummy, spinning my wheels

The roll call date is likely not a pretrial conference date. While I have never practiced in your county, it sounds like the roll call date is an administrative session where the lawyers report to the judge the status of the case and what needs to be done at the actual court date, how much time is anticipated, etc., the purpose of which is for the judge to organize is her or her court and trial calendar for the next week. Nothing substantive is handled in these types of administrative sessions.

The parties must attend a pretrial conference and substantive issues are determined at a pretrial conference.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.