Get him out

Dear Jodie P. Griffin:

Greetings. In North Carolina it does not matter if someone’s name is on the deed or not, if they live in a location it is very difficult to “kick them out.” You may be able to file for a divorce from bed and board, depending on whether or not your husband has committed marital fault. If he has committed an act of domestic violence, you can also file an action for domestic violence. Let me warn you though, do not play with domestic violence as filing a false action can involve hefty sanctions. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

If your husbands name is not on the title or property of your home, what can you do to get him out if he isn’t willing to get out. I should not have to leave for thirty days!