Help! How Do I File for Equitable Distribution?

Dear uncgal4:

I already answered this. Look on the forms page as we have a complaint for equitable distribution there. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

3 Posts
Posted - 02/01/2007 : 13:50:26

I know from attorneyy’s repsonse on this forum that I must file a “complaint” for ED to preserve my rights, when I file the Do It Yourself Divorce packet. My question was more specifically, HOW to file it? I just type up a paragraph stating that we want to settle ED later, preserving my rights to ED while filing the Divorce Forms and getting the Divorce over with asap? And then I just take this piece of paper titled “Complaint for ED” and give it to the Clerk along with the Divorce Forms that I have filled out? I assume there is a separate cost to “file a complaint”? Please help! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I dont have much money and am trying to get this done using the Do It Yourself Forms.Thank you.