Husband ran off and I can't sell house


I have a home w mortgage in my name. Got artel Ed for short sale but probable gonna end up with forclosure because my ex ran off with girlfriend and I can’t find him. I have heArd he left state and he changed his cell. I have tried to contact family n friends n nobody knows where he is or won’t tell me. I have had offers on the house which is empty now but I can’t sell without him. We are getting ready to do Ed when he disappeared. What can I do now. I would rather a short sale than foreclosure but without his signature I can’t.


If your husband is on the deed with you, then you cannot sell without his consent as he is part owner. Your recourse is to file an action for Equitable Distribution and include a motion for interim distribution, seeking an order allowing the home to be sold.