I need advice

Dear Joanne123:

Greetings. If you want to avoid further debt created by this husband, I would file a divorce from bed and board action. This asks the court to remove your spouse from your home.

You also should think about the following:

  1. If you have known that he was having this affair for 9 months, why did you not move out? Even if he is still living in your home, this would cut off his funds. You could then possibly file a motion for interim distribution and obtain the house back. By staying in the home, you may be condoning his affair.

  2. If you make more than he does and you have condonned his behavior, you may have to pay alimony.

Best of luck, but please see an attorney TODAY!

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My husband has been having an open affair for the last 9 months. Has even had the girl pick him up at my house. He doesn’t work. He had a part time job at a bar off the books for awhile. He hasn’t given me a penny and he lives in my house. Everything is in my name, the house was boughtin cash before we were married 2 years ago. I had to take out a mortgage 2 months ago to get out of $106,000 debt that he put me in. The only way he would sign the quick claim deed was if I gave him $10,000. I gave him $5,500 which I found out he spent on her. Down payment on a new car for her. The story goes on and on, each day with another chapter. I need to know what are my rights and how do I get him out of the house.