I Owe Child Support arrears?

I was ordered in March 2014 to pay child support… I previously had been paying directly to my ex-wife, and had never been late, etc etc… I have no problem paying child support…

The new draft, was handled entirely through the child support agency and my employer… I am paid every 2 weeks, so they deducted it automatically out of my check, every two weeks… I verified that it always was deducted. I had no say in how much was deducted or when…

Yesterday, I get a letter stating that I am delinquent in child support, and they expect me to pay almost $600… because of the two week pay cycle, I was paid Sept 26th… they received the payment Oct 3rd… but because they did not receive it in September, I am “delinquent”. In the payment instructions to my employer, it stated payment must be mailed within 7 business days of my being paid… they had actually received and cashed the check after 6 business days, but that was Oct 6th…

After much telephone calls, they stated that “I” am solely responsible in making sure that the money reaches them in the month I am paid… meaning (and I used this example with them) if I am paid on Sept 30th… they MUST receive their payment Sept 30th, or I am delinquent… now, they state that unless I pay the arrears, they will attach my tax refunds… revoke my passport, etc etc etc… when THEY are the ones that set the payment schedule and I have always had it deducted on time… do I have any options, or are they actually correct in what they are stating?