In limbo - Custody Q

I am the defendant, She filed for full custody and then dismissed Temp Custody. We then failed to agree in custody mediation after 3 sessions. She requested returning to the house and wants me to take her back or take custody of her. I am only interested in custody of the children. Now what can I do? Do I wait until she files something, is there something I can do proactively? I am desiring a schedule we can agree to, but with unrealistic demands for me to take her back, can I initiate request to take this to court asap, as the defendant?

After failure of mediation either party may contact the clerk to request a hearing date for permanent custody.