Income Tax Returns


My STBX and I were filling our 2008 taxes jointly. We were separated in 2009. I just found out she filed separately, which gives me no access to the return. It also leaves me with a heavy tax burden.

How do I get her to do a correction and file jointly? Is there any other recourse?


Your spouse had the right to file married and separate unless there was a valid Separation Agreement that required the joint filing.