Is this the correct process?


My soon to be ex and I have reached an agreement regarding property, mortgage, etc on our own, both agreeing to waiver of counsel for the agreement, since we came up with the terms.
We plan to sign and have notarized.

Can we now file for an absolute divorce (it’s been one year and a day since he left), and have the agreement that we came up with filed to become part of the absolute divorce and final decree?


Yes, you can move forward with your divorce. If you want your agreement to be incorporated in the divorce decree, make sure language about the incorporation is included in the agreement.