Joint Custody

What legal actions can i take if i decide that i want some weekends with my son right now and if she says no and denies me overnights right now? What could i do if that happens?

take her to court…she’s not going to look so great if she is denying a father’s request for time(overnights) w/ a child. Unless you have done something major (drug abuse, criminal acts, mental illness) she doesn’t have much to stand on.

I want to say thanks for everybody who has helped me out! You guys are great! Thanks!

I am in the process of seperation from my wife. She left me about 4 months ago with my 11 month old son. She has submitted a seperation agreement to me. There are just a couple of things i have questions on. 1st we are having Joint legal custody and she has primary physical custody. I want to make sure that when my son gets older that she dosen’t cut down my time to be with him. Is there anything i can put in the agreement now that can protect me from losing time with my son later when he gets older and goes to school? I would like to have more than just every other weekend with him when he gets older. Also i don’t want her to make any descions regarding my son with out me. I hear that people even with joint legal custody, there Exes make descion with consulting with them. Can i add in the document that all descions regarding my son have to be joint?