Change visitation rights?

If you believe that your child is not safe with your Husband and there has been a substantial change in circumstances since you entered into your previous order, then you can file a motion to modify child custody. If the court determines that there has been a substantial change in circumstances they will make change in custody based on the best interests of your child. In order to get supervised visitation you will need to prove that his behavior poses a serious risk to your daughters physical or emotional well being. You can do this without an attorney, however I would not recommend that.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I have a huge long story… but for short. I have full custody of my daughter and my ex has visitation rights. Well, I want to take away these rights or get them supervised because I no longer trust him and I question my daughters welfare when she is with him. (he treatens to kidnap her all of these have been documented through police reports) She is supposed to stay with his parents when she is with him for visitation anyway, but now he has moved to yet another state. What grounds do I need to prove him unfit or to have supervised visitation? and do I need a laywer for this? (again)

Thank You!