Leaving Residence before Seperation?

I have responded to this question in your other post.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Hello, My name is Tracy…I have a stepdaughter that lives in NC. Two years ago she caught her husband cheating on her and obviously was devastated, but loved him so much she was willing to give him a second chance(spots on leopard). For the last two months he has been acting really weird, and distant, similar to the way he was acting before, when he was cheating. They had been having several fights before Christmas…the family got together on Christmas Eve and they seemed OK together, which I later found out that was just a show, then came Christmas Day, the fighting resumed as it had been for several weeks, the fighting continued on into the night, then they both finally went to sleep. The next morning she woke up and he was gone with only a note stating " he needed to get away for awhile" he finally came home late that afternoon with no real explanation to where he had gone, or why? This only compounded her suspicion about his renewed cheating. Now here is the icing on the cake…He had the Friday before New Year’s off, he up and leaves again…for three days!! and the kicker is he couldn’t stay somewhere close he had to go back to the city he had been working in for the last three months!!! Which by the way I should tell you is 5 to 6 hours away!/!~?? Now, that kinda brings you up to speed on the mind set, and situation here…today they both go to a marriage counseler and was not by his choice, and she tells the counceler about the mysterious disappearing acts he has been pulling and the counseler sides with her about it being not the actions of a married man… Well he hasn’t took the truth very well at all " it’s not his fault", “he didn’t do anything wrong” etc., etc. Finally brings me to my question he has been cursing, throwing things, threatening to beat people up, (he thinks snitched on him), on and on etc. This is not a very good environment for her or the children. Would she be making a mistake to come stay with me until there is a legal separation drawn up??? Please advise, I personally think he is bi-polar, and I don’t really know what he is capable of at this point. Thanks in advance for your help. TJ

1. P>S> I don’t want her to forfeit rights to the home by leaving…Please advise

T.Jessup