Leaving the state with child

In 2003, my ex-husband was given visitation rights to see our daughter every other weekend. I have been given a promotion that will really have to make me move to VA which is 4 hours away from NC. What are my rights to taking my daugher out of state? I have drawn up an agreement that my ex would be able to see my daughter during her school breaks and a few weeks during the summer, but he has refused to sign it. He is “mentally declared disabled by the state of NC” and therefore has never been made to pay child support.

My ex-has had his own junk removing business on the “side” making a money and he still refuses to give any money to help with his daughter. With this promotion, I will be able to provide very nicely
for my daugther. What are my rights?

shana Hinson