Legal separation


i just separated from my husband and want to make it official however i do not need a lawyer what or where can i go to obtain a legal separation order so i can in one year and one month get a divorce. there are no legal issues, property, or child issues to contend with i just want to get this over with as soon as possible


There is no legal separation per se in NC. You must only be able to prove that you’ve been living separate and apart for a year prior to divorce.


Athos is correct, there is no legal separation in NC. After a year as passed you will file your sworn complaint and attest to the date you and your spouse began living separate and apart.