Move forward with the divorce. That way all assets will be divided and what belongs to you will belong to you. Otherwise get lots of insurance and talk to a asset protection lawyer about keeping assets titled in such a way that he doesn’t really own anything.

Good luck.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

my husband is an alcoholic, currently drinking and we recently separated - my question is: how can i protect myself and my property if he should drive drunk and injure/kill someone???