Military Retirement Pay


If you have already settled your property issues you will need to enforce the contract or the court order you already have. You would enforce the court order by filing a motion and order to show cause. If you have a Military Domestic relations order that requires a certain portion of the retirements to be given to you, then the order has probably been administered correctly.

If you have not resolved your pending property issues then you can hire an attorney to negotiate the agreement for you and your attorney can request that these documents be provided to you. If your spouse is not cooperative you can file a lawsuit and your spouse can be ordered to share this information to you.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.


I’m to receive a % of ex spouse retirement pay. I’m not recieving the full amount nor do I know what he gets for retirement to contridict what I’m recieving. DFAS will not tell me what he gets for retirement. He retired as a E6 with 20 years of service. What can I do to get the retirement pay amount he recieves and what do I have to do to enforce the court order.