Modifying support


I am not sure how long this type of thing takes to get through the system and into place. I would think you should at least contact the attorney and get the paperwork started for the modification since you already have reason. The attorney could probably suggest to you if it should wait a few months until closer to June so that this doesn’t have to be done twice…


In early June we will have a child that has turned 18 and will graduate from high school. In addition the other child is spending additional nites with us, per a written, and signed agreement between the parents, child care has increased AND our income has decreased. I know we have significant changes that will result in a greater than 15% difference. Is it recommended to contact our attorney to file for this modification?