Mortgage Changes

Dear Stand_up_for_your_rights:

Greetings. Please note that you both may qualify for an assumption. You will want to contact your mortgage company to see if they will allow you each to assume just your individual house. Otherwise, you would need to refinance. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My wife and I have 2 homes and are going to divorce.

I would like to assume the mortgage for one and she the other.

Is there any way we can do this without re-financing?

What is the simplest way to do this?


Stand Up