Moving Out vs Abandonment


My wife and I are just starting a pretty amicable informal separation process which includes me moving into another room in our shared house and me spending some nights with relatives (without moving any belongings). She feels that a truer separation will only occur if I physically move out. I understand that this could (or would) be considered abandonment and be grounds for divorce. Is it possible for my wife to sign a document stating that although I am leaving the marital home, it is at her request and that she will not consider it abandonment?




Yes, you may sign an agreement of non-abandonment, it must be signed by each of you before a notary public.




You are most welcome, I wish you all the best.